There was a lot of excitement and anticipation heading towards the world’s first Mobile Legends World Championship (aka M1) held in Axiata Arena, Kuala Lumpur from 15 to 17 November. Despite having a number of gamers attend the MPL – MY/SG S4 Playoffs held in October, we managed to have 4 gamers join us for this TeleTrip!
We took the afternoon ride up to Sri Petaling a day before the tournament and managed to have a tour at Pantheon, an esports arena, and experience the VR machines.
Highlights of TeleTrip
It was amazing that within a 4D3N trip, we could accomplish so much! We managed to:
- Catch the opening/closing ceremonies
- Collect the exclusive ML merchandise with our gold tickets
- Watch hype matches (e.g. 10 Seconds Gaming+ vs Todak, which was a nailbiting series)
- Go for a mini food hunt, such as trying out Chrysanthemum & Cham Soft Serve @ Soft Launch, self-cooking skewers @ 360 BBQ and Mala Steamboat @ Chill Chill Steamboat (and won a plate of meat patty)
- Order bubble tea from a petrol kiosk
- Sing our hearts out at a Karaoke place MusicWorld
- Played board games till late
It was a great way to relax and bond through our love for the game. As the matches were cast in Malay, we were thankful to have Nishamm with us to translate.
Even though it was the first time meeting each other, the jokes and conversations made everybody feel as if we had been longtime friends. The experienced gamers also took the time to breakdown the drafts made by the professional teams to the less experienced gamers. It was really sweet for them to also explain patiently what was going on to make sure we were keeping up.
Other than memories, the gamers also brought home backpacks (courtesy of Aftershock) to bag home all the merchandise.
Towards the end of the tournament, it was announced that the next world championship will be held in Jakarta, Indonesia. This got the gamers excited and hoping for a TeleTrip Indonesia to watch the ML World Championship there while making more friends who love the game.
It was encouraging to see how much the gamers enjoyed TeleTrip and looking forward to bringing more gamers overseas to experience their local version of gaming, events, and culture.
Instastory of TeleTrip KL Mobile Legends M1 World Championship 2019: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17849554774703911/